[foofus-tools] General pwdump question

David Hopper davidwhopper at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 09:33:49 PDT 2008

Hello,

While running a Norton anti-virus scan on my computer, it found pwdump and
said it could not get rid of it.  During a long chat session with the Norton
people, I was told that this was potentially dangerous virus which could
disable my computer.  They would remotely edit my registry for $100 to
remove it.  I put them on hold.

Further investigation has led me to believe that this is not dangerous at
all, but I don't believe I need it, and it is annoying my anti-virus
software.  I would appreciate any information.  Also, is there a relatively
easy way to remove it from my system ??

Thanks for your help.

David