[foofus-tools] FW: Mcafee Virus Detection workaround

Teh Fizzgig fizzgig at foofus.net
Tue Aug 12 07:30:40 PDT 2008

james morgan wrote:

> gsecdumpmsvctlpwdump 6 v 1.7.2fgdumpcachedump (was hardest to get configured to avoid McAfee)
> iam
> whosthere To work around this detection , used a PE compact from http://www.bitsum.com/ Once i ran the programs thru the PE Compactor, Mcafee NO LONGER was able to detectit as either and 'unwanted' program or Password Cracker. This way i hopefully can stay under the MCAfee  detection, as i have no control over Corp AV settings..

James,

Good find definitely, and I know some other people are using similar
programs. One of my short-term projects is to bake something similar
into the programs themselves. I have a plan to do so, now I just need to
find a handful of hours to sit in front of a compiler and make it happen. :)

In the mean time, this is absolutely a good way to avoid getting picked
up by AV. Funny how trivial it is to defeat present-day AV.

--fizzgig