[foofus-tools] fgdump and windows 2008 sp2

Greg White pcguy11 at live.com
Mon May 3 09:14:14 PDT 2010

Hi,

I just ran fgdump on my windows 2008 sp2 (not R2) standard server.  It dumped the hashes like it was supposed to except the process didn't stop.  It just kept running.  This is what I did:
1. Turn off Mcafee
2. open cmd prompt
3. cd \fgdump
4. fgdump
wait for a minute and open windows explorer.  You will see the 127.0.0.1.pwdump file contains the hashes but if you switch back to the cmd prompt the process is still running.  Ctrl-C stops the process.

Shouldn't fgdump stop when it is done?

Thanks,
Greg