[foofus-tools] Medusa: IMAP STARTTLS

jmk jmk at foofus.net
Thu May 5 12:39:29 PDT 2011

The snmp module is a completely different beast from the other modules,
since we send a bunch of checks and then sit back and wait for
others.

Does this disconnect occur after a few successful password checks? If
so, I'm assuming you're running into some anti-brute force mechanism in
the service. The medusaCheckSocket() call in the imap module is intended
to deal with these situations and see if we need to restart everything.
It may be that you need to increase the wait within that call:

medusa-net.c
medusaCheckSocket()
line 694: if (medusaDataReadyTimed(socket, 0, 1) == 0)

I'd try upping the 3rd parameter there from 1 to 100 or 1000. This is a
configurable option now in my development tree, which I'm only 5 months
behind target on releasing...

Joe