[foofus-tools] fgdump - Against a remote Windows 7

Rich Rumble richrumble at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 09:35:17 PDT 2013

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 2:47 AM, madfran at iies.es <madfran at iies.es> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am testing fgdump 3.0.0 in remote mode
> Scenario.
> - fgdump is launched from a Windows 7 Professional- 32 bit
> - The target is a Windows 7 Professional - 64 bit
> - I know both Administrator password and both hash
>
> Two problems,
> - fgdump aws not able to  open the cahe
> - The dump of the hash is not correct
>
> Solution for this issue?

The tool (pw/fgdump) hasn't been updated in some time, but I'd wager it's
the same issue many similar hash extractors have faced since windows 7 came
out:
https://media.defcon.org/dc-20/presentations/Reynolds/DEFCON-20-Reynolds-Stamp-Out-Hash-Extraction.pdfAccording
to that pdf, FGDump was being worked on...
-rich