[foofus-tools] Faraday Penetration Test IDE Released

jmk jmk at foofus.net
Fri Jan 10 13:51:47 PST 2014

I was informed last month of the release of the new “Faraday”
penetration testing framework. A key feature of this framework is its
ability to parse the output from various other security tools, including
Foofus.Net’s Medusa! Here is the official release from the Infobyte
folks:

----
We are happy to announce our first release of Faraday (beta), an open
source collaborative Penetration Test IDE console that uses the same
tools you use every day.

Faraday introduces a new concept (IPE) Integrated Penetration-Test
Environment

We built a plugin system, where all the I/O from the terminal gets
interpreted, if we have a plugin for the command, the output is
processed and added to a knowledge base in a transparent way.

Our idea was to build a tool that helps from the perspective of a
pentester without changing the way you work, adding the support for
multi user collaboration on security testing projects.

Developed with a specialized set of functionalities that help users
improve their own work adding collaborative data sharing, indexation and
analysis of the generated knowledge during the engagement of a security
audit.

[Features]
* +40 Plugins (Metasploit, Amap, Arachini, Dnsenum, Medusa, Nmap,
Nessus, w3af, Zap and More!)
* Collaborative support
* Information Highlighting
* Knowledge Filtering